Monday, December 1, 2008

Best Looking Clean up Crew Ever!!


Working close to home has its benefits, one of he best is having my family stop by and help out with clean up. Here we see Iris wearing what I call the Brandt family heirloom, this orange chainsaw helmet. I call it an heirloom because, as the story, it was given as a wedding present to my parents back in 1978 by their friend Jon VanVlack. Now I remember my father felling a few trees wearing this helmet, but not so for my mother. Not to say Jon was not thinking of her when he picked out the wedding present, maybe orange just isn't my mother's favorite color who knows. I do know I still wear the old thing quite a bit, so thank you Jon. One day I hope to pass I on to Iris.

1 comment:

Madison Bowman said...

That is a beautiful story :). And a beautiful kid!