Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Douglas Fir Removal








On Dec 6 I removed a large Douglas Fir at the home of our church's Bishop. The tree was boxed in with power lines on one side. A fence a shed and some fruit trees on the other side. So I had to lower out every branch on a rope.
I had a ground crew of about ten hard working volunteers untying branches, cutting fire wood, and hauling brush. I keep them working hard, and the bishop kept them motivated with doughnuts. A ten to one ratio of Ground Crew to Arborist works out very well. All the fire wood was split and will be distributed to members of church who are in need.

There were a lot of great pictures and some video taken that day. They can be viewed at my friend Rune's site: http://picasaweb.google.com/norwayfamily/TakingDownBishopsTree#

No comments: