Monday, December 1, 2008

the Large Cottonwood or My next two days.





Today I started a very big tree. It is a huge Eastern Cottonwood, and I will be climbing it for the next two day. People in the neighborhood say it is only forty some years old, but this thing is a real beast. Around 100' tall, and spreading about the same. The Diameter is about 7-10' across depending on what way you are looking at it. I am enjoying my self so far, it reminds me of the big trees I climbed back in Utah. I have mostly seen the Black Cottonwood in Oregon, and those can be very big, but it is different than the Eastern Cottonwoods. Well I am just glad I will not be cleaning up after myself on this job.

1 comment:

The Only Rune You Know said...

I saw you in action today. It was quite impressive, and the rest of your audience thought so too, even if you looked very small compared to the tree.