Thursday, November 27, 2008

Before and Afters-Douglas Fir





The work of a skilled arborist can leave a tree looking more natural after the pruning is complete. It is often easy to forget what the tree was like before. I plan on photographically documenting my tree work to help keep my clients informed and up to date on the health of their trees.

As an example I have before and after pictures of a Douglas Fir that was developing a co dominant stem on the south side of the tree, right side of the picture. This co dominant stem was removed, and a more vertical stem was left. Hopefully with this cut made now will prevent a large more damaging branch failure in the future. This kind of work is what I call Pruning for Preservation.

1 comment:

quincy said...

You are so good at what you do! I am very proud to be your wife! I love you!!