Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Early Jobs: Patty and Debs Maple Removal.

Having to remove a tree is never my favorite thing to have to do. With that said I feel it the responsibility of all arborist and tree workers to do so efficiently and with the up most respect to the tree. Driving by construction sites and seeing trees that have been ripped out of the ground and dragged through the mud by heavy equipment saddens me.

With that said, one of my first jobs was cutting down two Crimson King maples at our neighbors house that had contracted Verticillium Wilt. The smaller of the two, only about 20ft tall and 10in diameter, was totally dead. The bigger maple, 40ft tall and 28in diameter, was still hanging on. It did display classic symptoms Verticillium Wilt ie; large branches dying in a seemingly random pattern. These trees had become hazards, and needed to be removed.

I have put together a slide show to share the experience along with a short movie of me removing the to top of the large maple. Thanks to Patty and Deb for helping us out in our earliest days, before we even had our slick business cards. Also thank you to our Friend Paul for letting us use his truck for hauling brush, as you can see we really worked the old boy.

1 comment:

Ratchfords said...

Nice. If I had any trees in my yard, I would definitely hire this guy!!

Erin