Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall


This was my first take down of a Giant Sequoia. There is a reason they are not call Petite Sequoia. The Giant Sequoia grow at astonishing rates to incredible sizes. For these reasons, they are not well suited for urban environments. These trees were planted only eight feet from the house, and about four feet from each other.

With this job necessity drove innovation, and I used a zip line to send all the large branches directly into my trailer. It was an intense couple of days but the trees are down safely.



I know I post a lot about felling big trees, but I do so much more than that. I do a lot of pruning of large trees, small trees, fruit trees, and shrubs. These big trees really leave an impression on me and on the ground when they fall. That is why I like to post about the big trees.

5 comments:

Charlotte Tree Service said...

wow those are some enormous tree photos, I can't say I've removed a tree that large in some time. Hopefully this season I'll get too, nice collection of tree images..

-Tony

Asheville Tree Service

Chance said...

D

Unknown said...

If the bigger they are means the harder they fall, then this one is going to fall hard. That is a huge tree! You would definitely need to be a professional to take on something like that. https://www.arborcare.com/services/

Unknown said...

It is kind of sad to see something so big get cut down. Of course, they do not belong in urban areas. I need to remove a large tree in my backyard, but it is not that big.

http://www.coastwidetreeservices.com.au/About_Us.html

Unknown said...

I really didn't know that you actually cut the trees down from the bottom up. I guess in a residential or an area where there are a lot of buildings it would be a lot safer. It would be fun to be an arborist I think because you get to work with different plants and trees. It would be fun to cut down and prune bushes to keep them from growing too much. http://www.doneritetreeco.com/about_us.php