Sunday, October 18, 2009

Big Jobs, Little Jobs, and New Jobs

The summer of 2009 has been a very productive one for the Community Arborist. Jobs of all sizes have abounded. There has been big Douglas Fir take downs, fine pruning of oaks, maples, and elms. I have expanded my services to include installing trees and other plants in landscapes, stump grinding, and also Cabling to aid in preservation of existing trees.

The Largest Job had to be the Douglas Fir I removed that soared over 150 ft tall!!! I spent a total of about two days climbing the tree. Day one I limbed and topped out the tree. Every branch had to rigged out, because of a new fence, and a Madrone tree. The next day I ascended to the top and it took me 20minutes. Then I took the tree apart piece by piece.

This tree was an Urban Giant, not a forest tree. Removal became a neccesity after construction of a new driveway cut the roots on the south side of the tree. It was a shame to lose this unieque tree. Check out this slide show and video to get an understanding of how massive this tree was.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that pic is just plain NASTY! imho. I realize there is truly no danger, but it still gives me the "heebie-jeebies".

Are you on arboristsite.com?

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a stunt! But be careful, as the tree is nearly cut into.

landscape fairfield county

Unknown said...

I met an arborist in edmonton once. I never knew what they did. What exactly do they do? Are they just involved in cutting trees? Or do they take care of them?

Unknown said...

That last picture is just too good! I'm looking into being an arborist in Calgary and this has been helpful. Thanks again.

terenty said...

you made a mistake - this was not smart, I am not saying "not safe" but either way I suggest you take this picture off here - just makes you look like :"...?!%" , destroy this picture and never show it to your kid or anyone else. that just my opinion. not trying to be mean.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I've always kind of wondered how someone actually goes about taking down a huge tree like that. Especially one that might close to a home or other buildings. Fascinating!
Xavier Smith | http://andersentree.com

Unknown said...

This blog is truly has rich content in terms of professional tree services. The way things are followed for complete tree solution. Pictures and videos proves the work undertaken and give them a successful solution. Truly amazing and thanks for sharing the information.

Professional arborists Melbourne

Unknown said...

It looks like being an arborist would be a lot of fun. I quite enjoy rock climbing and this enjoyment really came from climbing trees when I was a kid. I bet I would love working in with trees like this.

http://www.northernsuburbstrees.com.au/Services.html

Unknown said...

That is an impressive picture of your child in the carved part of the tree. I have a huge tree like that one that needs to come down. How do I chop it down without it wreaking havoc on the surrounding objects?

http://www.arborforce.com.au/about-us/

Unknown said...

Most people don't want to cut down such beautiful trees, but sometimes it is necessary. Because we have built homes in so many places the trees can often pose as threats to our livelihood. It is good to see people who take an interest in properly taking down the tree while respecting nature around them.
Cynthia | http://andersentree.com

Unknown said...

Doing tree work like this is very dangerous and skilled work. My buddy tried doing his own tree work one time and it did not end up well at all. This helped me realize that it's okay to call in professional help that will make sure the job is done safely and that it's done right.

http://www.northernsuburbstrees.com.au/Services.html